Lunes, Marso 12, 2012

The MyCOE Experience so far (a repost)

So far, I was able to talk to my students and they gave their progress reports to me on their projects. I feel happy that they are making progress and that they appreciated the new knowledge that they are able to build through this MyCOE experience. Some were very driven to move their projects becuase they think they can "change the world" somehow. Others, however, were skeptical about the resources that they have and doubtful about how they will go about the project. Whatever the case, the whole experience makes me happy as a teacher because I was able to involve many of my students in the project and at the same time, I make sure that I am always available to guide them along the way. 





Me with my students who will participate in the MyCOE project




Although my interests are leaning towards chemistry, but this experience broadened my view that the knowledge in chemistry is actually very intertwined with the  themes of geography. That you can connect product development with green economy and food security. That, environmental monitoring is directly connected to the dynamics of population, climate change and human wastes. It is just so exciting so far because the possibilities  of doing research and collaboration has expanded in many ways. However, I must admit that it is somewhat difficult to do collaborations with participants from other countries maybe because of the differences in time zones or we just have very different interests when it comes to research. Still, I am hoping that I will be able to work with other nationalities and gain new friends. :). Nevertheless, this experience is just so rewarding, I am learning a lot and I am thankful for it. 



This is a repost of my blogpost in the AAG knowledge communities. 


-Michael :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento